[IRCServices Coding] Hybrid support

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon May 26 14:55:46 PDT 2003

>Here's a protocol/hybrid.c that can be used for hyb7. Issues include:

     Thanks, I'll look into adding it in when I fork the source for 5.1.

>1) Keeptopic doesn't work right unless m_topic and do_topic are modified =
>directly :/ Hybrid propogates user topics in the same way it recieves the=
>m (:user TOPIC channel :topic). Probably just needs some av=3D2 checking.

     You can override the m_xxx() functions in messages.c by adding an
appropriate entry to the protocol's message table:

static void m_hybrid_topic(...) { ... }
static Message hybrid_messages[] = {
    /* ... */
    { "TOPIC",     m_hybrid_topic },
};

Then just write m_hybrid_topic() so that it passes parameters as do_topic()
expects.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/