[IRCServices Coding] Serious Bug, Probaby should be fixed

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sat Jun 14 01:49:59 PDT 2003

     A GDB backtrace would be helpful:

gdb /usr/local/bin/ircservices /usr/local/lib/ircservices/core
    [or whatever your pathnames are]
(gdb) bt
------------- clip/copy and send from here --------------
#0  ... at somefile.c:NNN
#1  ...
----------------------- to here -------------------------
(gdb) quit

If you don't get the "at somefile:NNN" in the backtrace, your executable
is missing debugging information--recompile (make sure you haven't removed
the "-g" in MORE_CFLAGS in the makefile) and don't strip the executable
before running it.

     Also, are you using a SPARC, i.e. Sun system?  GCC on SPARC systems
has at least one bug that is triggered by Services and causes Services to
crash for apparently random reasons.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/