[IRCServices Coding] SENDPASS with encryption...

Martin Pels martinpels at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:08:52 PST 2004

I'm looking forward to this module. It is what kept us from switching to
encrypted passwords.

Here's some ideas on the abuse problem:
* Only allow usage of the command from hosts that are in the nickname's
accesslist
* Send the nick!user at host of the user that issued the command in the E-mail
(it won't prevent abuse, but at least you'll know who's been playing around)
* Give a notice to services operators/admins each time the command is issued
* Limit the amount of times the command can be used successively

Hope this helps.

Grtz,
Martin