[IRCServices Coding] A couple of FreeBSD notes..

Craig McLure Craig at frostycoolslug.com
Mon Jul 19 17:16:38 PDT 2004

I had a couple of problems when compiling services under FreeBSD, the first was when compiling, services uses LIBS = -ldl in Makefile.inc, when in fact it needs to be -Ldl (capitol L)

also, in make install, -d isnt a valid param when using /bin/cp (when copying  "data/helpfiles")

Here are the version numbers of my software:

> gmake -v
GNU Make 3.80
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

> gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Configured with: FreeBSD/i386 system compiler
Thread model: posix
gcc version 3.3.3 [FreeBSD] 20031106

FreeBSD greymatter 5.2.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE #0

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :)

 *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
 *       Craig at FrostyCoolSlug.com
 * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
 * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net