[IRCServices Coding] send_cmd in non-protocol modules

David ballsy at mystical.net
Mon May 9 10:58:25 PDT 2005

	Would it not therefore seem more logical to update or create new RFCs pertaining to IRC, instead of having to customize Services each time another non-RFC-compliant IRCd implements a 'desireable' feature?  I'm no software developer, but if I were, I wouldn't consider it unreasonable to set out some guidelines within whose confines I'd prefer to remain.
	That being said, if IRCServices continues to implement a number of ad-hoc modifications which don't follow an RFC, what happens if/when a new RFC *is* written which serves to address the aforementioned ad-hoc changes?  More work for the developers, from what I can tell, to ensure their previously implemented workarounds meet the newly released standards.

David