[IRCServices] New services implementations & Updates?

Andrew Kempe andrewk at icon.co.za
Fri Jun 2 12:39:54 PDT 2000

This is a general reply to all the posts...

I think an SQL server would be a more robust storage method than the flat
files we use at present. I don't think we should replace them all together.
I would like an interface implemented in such a way that services writes
(saves) data and reads (loads) data in a fixed manner that is independant of
the method used to actually store it. This would allow people to implement a
variety of different storage mechanisms that are invisible to services. In
the end, services would be ignorant as to how or where it's data comes from
or goes to. This I hope will become a reality when modules are implemented.

Maybe someone wants to implement, dare I say it, an XML interface? :)

Andrew