[IRCServices] 4.5.0pre0 ?

Sean Kelly smkelly at zombie.org
Mon Jan 29 11:39:01 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 29, 2001 at 07:20:09PM -0000, Jamie Smithson wrote:
> Okay, feel free to flame me - but in a moment of stupidity, when I was cleaning out my Inbox,
> I accidentally deleted all the ircservices mailing list messages.
>
> I also lost the link to the services 4.5.0 .tar.gz ... So I was wondering if anyone could maybe
> either email me the link to jamie at inetezine.org - so as not to fill the list up with replies to this...

Okay, we'll do this once more.  Everybody.  You can download IRCServices
4.5.0pre0 from:
	ftp://ftp.esper.net/ircservices/ircservices-4.5pre0.tar.gz

How to install:
1. Unzip and untar
2. Run 'configure'
3. If you previously used MD5 encrypted passwords, you will most likely
   want to answer YES to:
   Do you want to support MD5-encrypted passwords from Services 4.4.x and
   earlier?  These versions had a bug which caused the encrypted passwords
   to be wrongly generated.  Saying "no" here will cause passwords from
   those versions to become unreadable; however, saying "yes" may reduce
   the security of your passwords.
4. Run 'make', OR 'gmake' if your 'make' is not GNU Make.  If you have no
   GNU Make, go download and install it.
5. Run 'make install' OR 'gmake install'.
6. If you did the installation manually, INSTALL the language files too.
7. Now, try starting services.
8. Report problems back to this list, except for the ones already covered
   on the list.

Okay everybody!  We've got it now...

I guess it is also worth noting that there is a 'pre0' in this release name.
>From my understanding, this is simlar to saying 'alpha'.  This also means that
if services happen to break, you get to keep both halves until the next
version.

P.S. This pseudo-flame is not directed toward any specific person, but instead
     dedicated to all the insanity on this mailing list within the last few
     days.

--
Sean Kelly         | PGP KeyID: 77042C7B
smkelly at zombie.org | http://www.zombie.org

For PGP key, send e-mail with subject "send pgp key"