[IRCServices] Services 4.5.1 released

Mark Hetherington markh at eurodltd.co.uk
Wed Feb 21 19:10:02 PST 2001

> >Wish I could say the same. 4.5.1 is giving me a real
> headache. It refuses to
> >read the chan.db file and claims it is an invalid format.
> >
> >We currently use Unreal3.1.1 and in the past have used the
> "daylight" build
> >of IRC services which is basically the 4.3.3 version with
> Unreal modes added
> >in.
>
>      This is your problem; Daylight's database format is
> different than that
> of Services, and Services cannot read the database files.  I
> will look into
> adding support for Daylight databases to import-db in the
> next release of
> Services.

I have now managed to get the Daylight databases loaded. By replacing the
load_cs_dbase with the one from the daylight archive, starting services and
allowing services to output the new database then rebuilding with the
correct code I got a 95% accurate import.

The only real problem was that the channel modes do not match up to the
current settings so certain modes got incorrectly set during the load. For
example +V becomes +A and all users get banned from all channels. This was a
small price to pay however to preserve the channel database and made for an
"interesting" day on the network :)

Incidentally, the only difference I could find between the 4.3.3
load_cs_dbase and the daylight one was the use of int32 rather than int16
for the mlock on/off settings of the file but just modifying this in the
original load_cs_dbase does not load the daylight database correctly. I
guess there must be something else buried in there somewhere but at least we
are running on the new revision now.

Knowing my luck a new import-db will come out tonight... hehe.

Mark.
CTCP Networks.