[IRCServices] Problems after convertiiing from PTlink

Kevc978 Kevc978 at PunkAss.com
Fri Jun 22 18:44:00 PDT 2001

Guys

Check Your U:Lines

Make Sure Your U:Lines look like this >>> U:services.yournet.net:*:*
This is For DALnet, Bahamut And Unreal, Im not totally sure about PTlink,
but its more than likely to be the same.

Kevc978
Akill Team
DarkServ
Irc.DarkServ.Net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Guven Guzelbey" <guveng at utk.edu>
To: <ircservices at ircservices.za.net>
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2001 3:40 PM
Subject: RE: [IRCServices] Problems after convertiiing from PTlink

I have the same problem now.
I am using (at least trying) bahamut(pelennor)-1.4(23) with
ircservices-4.5.17
Once I converted my databases, the import.db program was reading channel
levels incorrectly. At that time there was not any problem with gaining op
neither by joining channel nor with using ChanServ op command.
After this bug is fixed, another problem has occured. Channels started to
act
like they are not registered ... Who joins first can get op .
I checked channel options if there was leave-ops option set or not but I
realized it is not something related with leave-ops. If anyone want to see
what is happening, please come to irc.arkadas.com:6660 (this is a test
server
seperated by port number from the main server.) Other ports will bring you
directly to the primary server.

Regards,

Guven Guzelbey
Department of Computer Science - www.cs.utk.edu
University of Tennessee - www.utk.edu

>===== Original Message From black at netguardian.org =====

but
one thing seems really strange to me.
>Once a person joins a channel first, others who join after him, can not
gain
operator status on that channel however they have access on that channel.
>I mean channels act like "not registered" Whoever joins first, he gets op.
>
>And also there is one more thing ... Users can not get op even using
ChanServ
op command. [13:39] -ChanServ- Opped black on channel #lobi. - ChanServ
sends
this notice but it doesn't do anything really.

>Any ideas&suggestions would be appreciated.

with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject of the mail.