[IRCServices] limiting registrations

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Mon May 20 09:12:00 PDT 2002

     Reminder: please do not send HTML to the mailing list.

>------=_NextPart_001_0001_01C1FF2E.D545BB60
>
>I 've got a few abusers on my net and I really need to stop registration =
>of nicknames without putting services on readonly is there a way to modif=
>y the code so that only ircops can register new nicknames?
>Any help would be greately appreciated.

     Change the "if (readonly) {" line at the top of do_register() in
nickserv.c to "if (readonly || !is_services_admin(u)) {".  Version 5.0 (of
which I hope to get a beta out early next month) will have an option to
allow the REGISTER command to be disabled for ordinary users.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/