[IRCServices] About Akill Expire

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Thu Oct 24 17:03:01 PDT 2002

>Services dont remove akills if any user matches to that ip tries to connect
>to server after time expiration of akill.

     I can't reproduce this.  The expired autokill is in fact removed when
a matching user connects.  Autokills, and in fact all types of data used in
Servies, are not checked for expiration until they are actually accessed,
whether by (for example) a user matching an autokill or a Services operator
giving an AKILL LIST command.  This saves CPU time at the minor cost of
keeping some data in memory slightly longer than absolutely necessary.

>But if a services admin/operator uses /operserv akill list or /operserv
>stats all commands. It removes all expired ones. It is good maybe. But think
>of dont using this commands for 3 days at a big network.
>
>The result is really a flood from services to ircops.

     It was my intention that expired data get flushed when the databases
are saved, but this doesn't seem to be happening with autokills.  I'll fix
this for a future version; in the meantime, if this bothers you, turn off
WallAutokillExpire.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/