AW: [IRCServices] Supported daemons list

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Wed Feb 26 23:20:33 PST 2003

Hello;

> 2. What are the issues with hybrid / services?

Hybrid is not designed to work with services.
Hybrid cannot place global klines. (You need to play the theatre about
voting)
Hybrid does not do topic bursting (unless contributional modules are
used)
Hybrid has interesting ideas about channel usermodes, which would
require
more changes than you imagine in services (users can hold max 1 mode,
except +ov,
which can separately be enabled ...)

Not vital problems:
Hybrid lacks support for SVS* commands.
Services cannot work with virtual channels.
Services cannot work with lazy links.

> 3. Are there any plans to address this issue?

Yes, there are many people who try to make hybrid services-savvy.
Until then, beginning to make services to run with hybrid is
probably utopic.

> (I kind'a like hybrid-ircd ver 7.)
That isnt even released yet. -rc9 was the latest I know of.

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts,     |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...        |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                                |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                                |