[IRCServices] Support Request

Finny Merrill griever at t2n.org
Mon Jun 16 00:55:23 PDT 2003

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003 17:51:20 +1000, Andrew Armstrong
<andrewa at bigpond.net.au> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> I am having a problem with the OperServ function OPER LIST command, and
> would be greatly appreciated if I can get some help.
>
> Just some information for you, I am an IRC Administrator and Services
> Root Administrator on this IRC Network.
>
> I have the following usermodes: +acfghikmnorswxzACGMTWZR
> My o-line is: O *@* * plasma 4567bcefghiklnruwxzABCDIKNORXZ 55

Wow, nice.

> The problem I receive is that I will attempt to list the operators in the
> OperServ list, and the list returns blank. However, the ADMIN LIST
> command works fine and returns the admin list as expected.

> To confirm I indeed did have atleast one user on the list, I typed:
> /msg OperServ OPER ADD Plasma
>
> I received the following message:
> -OperServ-Plasma already exists on the Services admin list.

Note the key word *admin*. You're trying to add someone to the oper list
who's on the admin list, which you can't do.

Maybe we should change the OPER and ADMIN commands so that if you ADD
someone
to one list who's on the other, it removes them from the other list.