[IRCServices] Issues with Router

Jim Stratus stratus at swcic.net
Thu Aug 21 17:02:25 PDT 2003

Hello,

Its been a while since I was on this mailing list or read or sent anything
with it. Anyways, here's a problem I am having and was wondering if anyone
could help or had any ideas. I have been running IRC Services 5.0.21 and
Unreal3.1.6-Noon succesfully on my server for a long time. When we installed
a linksys router, we naturally had to reconfigure all the configuration
files for the new IP addresses (and I even did a clean install of FreeBSD
5.1 and unreal and ircservices after I couldn't get them to work before the
install). To this date, I have been unsuccesful at getting my ircservices to
run. The IRCd will run just fine and bind to the internal network IP that
our linksys router has assigned that computer. I have setup the router to
forward all incoming traffic on ports in the ranges 6660-7000 and such
others used by my server to my server so it will get passed the router and
passed on through our internal network as well. IRCServices will not bind or
connect to itself, and I have tried the router IP (not disclosed - if you
need it or want to help contact me)  and localhost and 127.0.0.1 and the
internal network IP (192.168.1.102) and IRC Services does not run. The log
reports this (ircservices.log):
[Aug 21 16:55:58 2003] FATAL: Can't connect to server (192.168.1.102:6667):
Can't assign requested address
It says the same thing for the other IP addresses that I have tried.

Please advise if you can.

Stratus