[IRCServices] Creating passworded channels with ChanServ enforcing.

Medice medice at gmx.at
Sun Apr 25 08:14:06 PDT 2004

I always thought it is more reasonable to solve this problem ircd-sided,
which might be possible with a chanmode +r for registered channels only
setable by services (I don't know all the ircd out there and am not
aware if ALL have this or a similar mode implemented...).
In case +r is set (which means the channel is registered by chanserv)
this channel should not "expire" on ircd - it should keep all modes -
including bans and +k keywords and so on - even if there are 0 user in.
So there are existing empty channels, just as my home has all its
tables, chairs and pencils even if I'm out ;)
But the ircd-coders I sent this idea dislike :(

Meanwhile you should prefer a workaround - as suggested here on ML or in
FAQ using modules or bots.

greetz
/medice

P.S. i hope, nobody is disturbed, although this post is not really
ircservices-related...