[IRCServices] Check password without IDENTIFY

Mark van Cuijk mark at phedny.net
Sun May 30 10:07:18 PDT 2004

Hi,

Today I got myself familiar with module programming for services and
wrote a module that does what I want.

Although I didn't write any documentation yet, for those who want to
experiment with it the module is available for download:
http://www.phedny.net/~mark/testpass.tar.gz and
http://www.phedny.net/~mark/testpass.tar.bz2

Untar the file into the services source dir and do a make, make install.
Then add "LoadModule testpass/main" to the end of the ircservices.conf
file (at least after loading NickServ / ChanServ).

The TESTPASS command is not added to any HELP command, but is available
for both NickServ and ChanServ:
/msg NickServ TESTPASS <user> <password>
/msg ChanServ TESTPASS <channel> <password>

The commands are only available for Services Admins.

- Mark