[IRCServices] smart expiration system

Dionisios K. admin at vonitsanet.gr
Sat Oct 23 06:01:02 PDT 2004

I was thinking about a system of variable time of expiry of Nicknames /
Channels depending on the time that is registered.
Something like this:

(1) A nickname/chan that is registered for <12 months:  1*30+5       not
used days before expire
(2) A nickname/chan that is registered for >12 months:  2*30+5       not
used days before expire
(3) A nickname/chan that is registered for >24 months:  3*30+5       not
used days before expire
(4) A nickname/chan that is registered for >36 months:  6*30+5       not
used days before expire
(5) A nickname/chan that is registered for >48 months:  8*30+5       not
used days before expire
(6) A nickname/chan that is registered for >60 months:  10*30+5     not used
days before expire
(7) A nickname/chan that is registered for >72 months:  12*30+5     not used
days before expire

Of course all numbers (months,days) can be modified from the config file..
And when a nickname will pass from a category to another a memo will be sent
to inform the owner of this nick.
Services administrators should be able to see and modify the category for
each user.

With this method we will avoid problems with Nicknames / Channels  that
expires because their owners who are "old" on a network for some reason
could not be identified for long time (for channels noone accessed join for
a long time) .

This is also something like a "present" for the old users.

I'm waiting for your opinions :))
Cya