[IRCServices] Feature request: services ignore / flag command / triggers

Wiggle wiggle at tiscali.be
Sat Jul 16 09:34:13 PDT 2005

Hi,

First of all, I have been browsing the archives of this list to see if any
of the things I am going to suggest have already been discussed and I think
they have not, but forgive me if they have.

While I enjoy ircservices, I do believe it misses out on some interesting
features some other services packages have. This is not me asking for
ircservices to implement all the features another package has, since that
would be pointless, but I do miss the following in ircservices:

*] SERVICES IGNORE: The ability for a services administrator to place a
services ignore on a user. This would obviously make services ignore all
commands sent to services by this wildcard hostmask. The reason why I would
like for this to be implemented is because it would help manage services
abuse. Especially if a certain user is known to abuse for example a specific
services command, yet we do not yet wish to use full measures and
gline/akill and suspending/forbidding the nickname didn't help (since he for
example registered another nickname).

*] FLAG COMMAND (or some other name ;)): A command that would allow IRCops
(services opers+) to add information about a certain user. For example:
"User is a known spammer." This will allow opers to keep track of offenses
and to act accordingly. Ideally this information woud show in /nickserv info
<nickname> when triggered by an IRCop. Of course there would be a need to
add/edit/remove the flag information. Can the current databases support
this?

*] SPECIFIC TRIGGERS: Some system to protect services from abuse. This would
go well with the services ignore command above. For example, when a user
uses ChanServ's CLEAR USERS command 5 times in a row within a minute, it
would be seen as abuse, and the user would be put on services ignore for 2
minutes and a global operator notice would be sent. This could be added for
other commands too, along with a specific flood setting, of for example 5:60
(5 times in 60 seconds). In my opinion it would be great if /operserv
trigger clear 5:60 - /operserv trigger clear 0 - /operserv trigger kick 6:4
- etc would exist.

What do you guys think about this?

Regards,

Wiggle.