[IRCServices] question on upgrading from ircservices 5.0.57 to

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat Oct 28 21:54:02 PDT 2006

Hi, I went and installed the upgrade but have some questions on the
configuration script.  With the -static-modules command line option, do
the modules still get built and installed in the data/modules
directory?  The reason I am asking this is I just installed over my
5.0.57 version and noticed that after the modules were compiled
statically the modules directory and everything in that directory still
existed.  If the modules still exist then what does the static compile
do and if they don't need to be there any more can I just delete the
modules directory?  If later I want to build a custom module then must
I recompile ircservices if the modules are statically linked rather
then just the one module?