[IRCServices] IRCservices not sending anything after tcp connection is set up

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sun Aug 5 19:53:17 PDT 2007

I've seen a couple of reports of behavior like this, but I still haven't
been able to reproduce it.  If anyone still has this problem, please provide:

- The version of Services you're using

- System information (CPU type, OS name and version); for Linux, be sure
  to include the exact kernel and glibc versions

- A debug log from Services, generated at debug level 3 (give the "-debug"
  option three times on the command line)

- A system call trace of both the Services and the ircd process (use
  strace on Linux: run "strace -ttT -f -o ircservices.strace ircservices"
  with appropriate command-line parameters for Services, and for the ircd
  process, run "strace -ttT -f -o ircd.strace -p <process-ID>", where
  <process-ID> is the numeric process ID of the ircd process)

(Note that the debug log and system call traces may include your server
password, so send them to me privately.)

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/