[IRCServices Coding] Re: [IRCServices] Services 4.5.38 released

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Fri Feb 15 23:31:42 PST 2002

>What actually causes this?  I'm not familiar with this problem, could
>someone explain?

     If someone takes a guest nick that Services then tries to assign to a
user with SVSNICK, the ircd will send a KILL for the SVSNICK, but Services
interprets that as a KILL for the old user, who then disappears from the
internal user list.  Since Services won't do anything with users who aren't
on the internal list (since it doesn't have anywhere to store the info),
they never get killed/ghosted, deopped, etc.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/