[IRCServices Coding] NS LINK and NS SET PRIVATE

Romek Krisztian r-krisztian at softhome.net
Tue Jun 18 03:32:24 PDT 2002

Look at Unreal3.2/src/s_user.c:

/*
** 'do_nick_name' ensures that the given parameter (nick) is
** really a proper string for a nickname (note, the 'nick'
** may be modified in the process...)
**
**      RETURNS the length of the final NICKNAME (0, if
**      nickname is illegal)
**
**  Nickname characters are in range
**      'A'..'}', '_', '-', '0'..'9'
**  anything outside the above set will terminate nickname.
**  In addition, the first character cannot be '-'
**  or a Digit.
**
**  Note:
**      '~'-character should be allowed, but
**      a change should be global, some confusion would
**      result if only few servers allowed it...
*/

Romek Krisztian