[IRCServices Coding] Probs with re-registering dropped nicknames...

Craig McLure frostycoolslug at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 18 03:58:28 PDT 2002

There was a user on our network which was being an annoyance, after akilling
him for a week, we dropped his nickname.

He re-registered it yesterday, registered all the channels again etc, yet
chanserv seems to ignore him. His nickname has status 3, but when he does a
/cs op <nick> <channel> he gets -ChanServ- Permission denied.

i asked him to change his nickname, i switched to it, tried to identify with
his password and got:

[11:50] *** Your nick is now [FoP]DaJoob
-
[11:50] -NickServ- This nickname is registered and protected. If it is your
nick, type /msg NickServ IDENTIFY password. Otherwise, please choose a
different nick.
-
/ns id <PASS>
-
[11:51] -NickServ- Your nick isn't registered.

and /ns info does return the correct information.

any help would be appreciated ;)

--
Craig McLure
Craig at chatspike.net
Network Administrator of the ChatSpike IRC Network.
ChatSpike, the users network! www.chatspike.net