[IRCServices Coding] ircservices-5 feature request

Aragon Gouveia aragon at phat.za.net
Fri Jun 21 12:34:49 PDT 2002

Hi,

This is a big one. I'd like to know if it'd be possible to add regular
expression akill-add support to version 5 (via a module?).

I'd like to be able to define regex patterns that cause regular akills to be
automatically added when matched. The regex checking must be based on
nickname, ident, hostname, and gecos. Would it also be possible to have a
regex exception list too... so if a client matches a regex pattern, but also
matches one of the exceptions, it doesn't get akilled.

I'm kinda implementing this at the moment using a client type bot that
receives local and remote connect notices. I use it to get rid of those
pesky mass flood bots that are so popular these days. I know, you're
probably thinking I should be doing open proxy scans. I do :). But a lot
still get through.

The big advantage of services doing this is that you can match based on
gecos (for added accuracy) and it's much faster. My bot sends a privmsg to
operserv when it finds a match adding *@hostname to the akill list with a
hard coded expiry of 150 days.

What do you think?

Thanks,