AW: [IRCServices Coding] Some IMHO usefull features

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Sep 22 02:15:05 PDT 2002

Hello;

> Suspend does prevent registering AND using of the channel, while my
> feature suggestion just prevents registering. We came up with this
> feature afer every single channel gets registerd with
> #ttnet_channelname
> (the network is called TTNet). As it is our Network policy
> that channels
> starting with #ttnet may just be registerd by our network stuff, it is
> quite annoying to stop/drop/suspend these channels all the time, while
> with this feature does allow us to prevent this from scratch.

Can you also explain us, why the JUPITER command I wrote cannot do this
task ?
Bahamut also provides channel quarantine capability via the SQLINE
command.
Even if services does not support jupitering channels, /jupiter is still
enabled...

Regards;
yusuf

| Yusuf Iskenderoglu                | You get to meet all sorts, |
| eMail - uhc0 at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de| in this line of work...    |
| eMail - s_iskend at ira.uka.de       |                            |
| ICQ UIN : 20587464 \ TimeMr14C    |                            |