[IRCServices Coding] services crashed

Panagiotis Kefalidis pkef at hnioxos.ee.auth.gr
Sat Oct 26 04:57:11 PDT 2002

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002, George Stamatiou wrote:

> Panagiotis Kefalidis you can say that you have personal experience when you
> know all the code.
> did you see anything from these i have sent that "saws" an error in code ?
> Why my ircservices working properly before the update in GCC 3 ?
In previous posts,it was mentioned that upgrading the GCC compiler,will
cause services not to compile.Propably you've ignored this.Also you said
that "services crashed".The gcc has nothing to do with the binaries of
services.I mean if sth is compiled in gcc 2.x and then you upgrade to gcc
3.x it will just not compile properly in some cases.Upgrading doesn't mean
that services or anything else WILL crash due to the upgrade.It will just
not compile.
> So, i didn't sent this email asking for help that I NEED in MINE services.
> It's an error as you see in gcc!.
I didn't say that.Read my post more carefully.Also it's not an error.It's
called incompatibillity.

> I remind you YOUR opinion that CS secureops with bahamut ircd working
> properly
> on  previously beta version on ircservices.
My opinion was,according to the serivces code, that Secureops
SHOULD work properly.

> First check and after answer.
You too.

> George Stamatiou