[IRCServices Coding] ChanServ bug?

CyberDems cyberdems at wwirc.za.org
Fri Nov 1 14:27:27 PST 2002

Hi there, guys...
There's something I'd like to query on - maybe it's normal, maybe not...
When ChanServ changes the topic when a user joins an empty channel
registered to ChanServ, it uses the current time as the timestamp (never
been like this before in 4.5.*), and not the time the topic was actually
set...
Here's what I mean:

[23:12] * CyberDems changes topic to 'test'
>>> Rejoined #Test
[00:16] * services.wwirc.za.org changes topic to 'test (CyberDems)'
>>> /topic #Test
[00:16] * Topic is 'test'
[00:16] * Set by CyberDems on Sat Nov 02 00:16:15

Notice I set the topic at 23:12, but when the topic is changed by services,
it says: set by CyberDems on <current time>.

Also, while in this subject, is it possible to make services.network.bleh
stop doing ChanServ's jobs (eg: setting topics/modes/etc)? It can get pretty
annoying if the "server" sets them.

Thank you for your time and interest,

CyberDems
WWIRC Head Admin