[IRCServices Coding] contributing to ircservices : legal and coding standards problems

Kelmar K. Firesun kfiresun at ix.netcom.com
Fri Dec 13 07:50:52 PST 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Church" <achurch at achurch.org>
To: <ircservices-coding at ircservices.za.net>
Sent: Friday, December 13, 2002 4:17 AM
Subject: Re: [IRCServices Coding] contributing to ircservices : legal and
coding standards problems

] ... SNIP ... [

>      I can do indenting fine on my own and have no need or desire to use a
> tool to do it.  If you can't format your code like mine (and you should
> always match the existing style when you modify a program), then I don't
> want to see your code.

I have to agree with this.  Look at just about any of the ircd code
out there and you'll quickly understand why its important to be
consistant with style through out the program.

I've seen some coders switch their style from line to line and it
gets very frustrating for other people to try and read it.

Kelmar K. Firesun (IRL: Bryce Simonds)
Assistant Admin: dream.esper.net (www.esper.net)