[IRCServices Coding] Re: Akill problem in 5.0.22

Andrew Church achurch at achurch.org
Sat Oct 18 11:57:43 PDT 2003

     You know, I might have been more forgiving if this hadn't been gone
over on this list (twice!) before:

http://www.ircservices.za.net/pipermail/ircservices-coding/2002/002305.html
http://www.ircservices.za.net/pipermail/ircservices-coding/2002/003215.html

However, since you seem to have trouble both comprehending the
documentation and reading the archives, I have added FAQ F.10 for your
edification:

F.10. Services doesn't kill users matching a newly-added autokill mask even
if ImmediatelySendAutokill is set.

	Services never kills users when a new autokill is added; the
	ImmediatelySendAutokill configuration directive only causes
	Services to send the autokill itself (that is, the user/host mask
	to prohibit new connections from) to the IRC servers on your
	network.  This is a safety feature intended to limit the damage
	caused by a mistyped autokill.

	Note that some IRC servers will themselves kill users matching a
	newly-added autokill; this is unrelated to Services.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at achurch.org
    http://achurch.org/