[IRCServices Coding] Re: Akill problem in 5.0.22

Saturn saturn at jetirc.net
Sat Oct 18 12:18:40 PDT 2003

I thank you for finally just coming out and telling me what I needed to know
in the first place.  Had you stated that it has been discussed before (even
without the hyperlinks) I would have at least known to go look through the
archives.  However, all you said (then repeated) was RTFM.  I DID read it,
once before I asked, and twice more, at your instruction, and found nothing
to answer my questions.  Had I known it had already been discussed, I would
certainly have tried to locate the answer that way.

Thank you to all the others who've posted to try and explain what I was
missing in my understanding of this directive.  I got it now, and realize
where my misinterpretation was.  Seems obvious now, but frankly that
directive managed to fool myself and 8 of my staff into thinking of it as I
have previously described.  Regardless, my apologies for any harsh words...
I do stand by the fact that Andrew could have responded with a bit less
apathy to the concerns raised; with something a bit less useless than RTFM
(twice! even AFTER I said I had, THAT'S what pissed me off), and I hope that
maybe Andrew will remember this chain of events for the next time someone
has a problem that might be immediately obvious to Andrew, but not the
person with the problem.  I think most of us KNOW by now to read the docs
before asking questions; but if the question arises due to misinterpretation
of the docs, how would reading them over and over help?

Thank you all for your time.

Saturn