[IRCServices Coding] Database API?

Craig McLure Craig at chatspike.net
Sat Nov 15 12:26:22 PST 2003

Recently, I have been making modules for services, for use with our network (including HostServ, IdleServ, an 'improved' Statserv and loveserv), However, with each we have been forced to make our own databases, and was wondering if you plan on adding a proper Database API at some point, which could be used with all 3rd Pary modules? it seems the current one is heavily pointed towards the use of the 'main' services.

I know you planned on restructuring the databases for version 5, however, as i recall, this didnt get started. Maybe what i'm suggesting was concidered before and dropped.. Anyway, some info on this would be appreciated. Thanks :)