[IRCServices Coding] feature request: instant messanger fields

Craig McLure Craig at chatspike.net
Mon Dec 29 16:21:32 PST 2003

well, i regard it as 'totally useful' and i'm sure others would do the same, and this has nothing to do with the email protocol.. what it _DOES_ have to do with is the ICQ / YIM / MSN / AIM protocols, all complex, and most undocumented. ICQ Pager works by taking a HTTP POST from a website, and has been prooven un-reliable, as its simple enouigh for users to press an 'Off' button on them, as they are mostly used for spam. Also there is a high chance that you will get a page informing you that the message send has failed. And as i was saying, this would take a conciderable ammount of coding, for something that will rarely be used.

 *     Craig "FrostyCoolSlug" McLure
 * InspIRCd   - http://www.inspircd.org
 * ChatSpike  - http://www.chatspike.net
 * Sent    - 2003-12-30 01:59:00
 * Subject - RE: [IRCServices Coding] feature request: instant messanger fields

/****** - Begin Original Message - ******/