[IRCServices Coding] send_cmd in non-protocol modules

Craig Edwards brain at winbot.co.uk
Sat May 7 15:01:18 PDT 2005

IRC is changing. It has been changing since day one, the software which
is used for IRC must change with it. IRCServices is being left behind by
other software which *does* tolerate changes to the spec, and it saddens
me to see software i love becoming deprecated because of it :-(

I'm sure there are many IRCu users out there who would disagree with
your opinion, and as it stands ircservices simply cannot support them,
even though it is one of the most popular IRCds. I'd say this ircd has
more problems than mine as mine is tolerant to 'assumptions' and will
rewrite the RFC commands to something it understands -- IRCu (P10) will
not ;-)

Brain