[IRCServices] ping timeouts..

Tyson La Tourrette tower at oit.pdx.edu
Wed Sep 8 07:18:23 PDT 1999

On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Andy Church wrote:

> >Y:99:0:60:1:1000000
>
>      This is an ancient problem with Services, in which if there's
> absolutely no activity on your network for an extended period of time,
> Services may corrupt the next line it receives from the server.  You could
> try either decreasing the ping frequency in the Y: line in ircd.conf (60
> in your configuration) or increasing ReadTimeout in example.conf so that

The docs I have state that the 3rd field of a Y line is connect
Frequency, not ping freq (which is the 2nd field). Are these docs
wrong? I placed 0 in the ping freq with the hopes that services would
then never get pinged. =)

One more question. The Server Name is not related at all to the
hostname or IP of the box. Correct?

Thanks for your help (You too Scott)

Tyson