[IRCServices] ### Need help ###

David Narayan jestercm at chatfamily.com
Wed Sep 15 08:24:27 PDT 1999

You can use something like this in m_register (chanserv.c)

/* ChanServ joins newly registered channel */
send_cmd(s_ChanServ, "JOIN %s", chan)

/* ChanServ ops itself */
send_cmd(s_ChanServ, "MODE %s +o %s", chan, s_ChanServ) // ChanServ ops
itself

Don't forget to add something similar so that ChanServ parts when they
drop the channel. You may also want to include protection so ChanServ
doesnt get flooded out or kicked or what not.  In the Undernet ircd
X and W are set umode +d (deaf).

In your IRCD you can change this part of m_join in channel.c

 if (sptr->user->joined >= MAXCHANNELSPERUSER
  {
   sendto_one(sptr,err_str(ERR_TOOMANYCHANNELS), me.name, parv[0], name);
   return 0
  }

/* Change to this */

 if (sptr->user->joined >= MAXCHANNELSPERUSER && !IsAnOper(sptr))
  {
   sendto_one(sptr,err_str(ERR_TOOMANYCHANNELS), me.name, parv[0], name);
   return 0
  }

/* This allows opers to be in more then the MAXCHANNELS and since ChanServ
   is an oper by default it will apply to it as well */

Hope this helps.

-----
David Narayan
Server Administrator