[IRCServices] "channel doesn't exist"

Andrew Church achurch at dragonfire.net
Sun Sep 19 23:32:57 PDT 1999

>Hi there!
>
>I've sent Chanserv into "#services" (cmode +ntli). Chanserv is the only
>one in there...
>
>> ChanServ is services at bundynet.lan
>> on channels: #services
>
>Problem is, that I can't join #services or change modes on it:
>
>> (chanserv)] invite #services
>> -ChanServ- Channel #services doesn't exist.

     Did you use the RAW command?  If so, read the documentation on the
RAW command.  Then read it again.  Notice the part that says "This
command... can wreak havoc on a network if used improperly"?  There's
your answer.

     Put another way, Services does absolutely no interpretation of RAW
commands (nor is there any reason it should), so it has no way of
knowing you sent ChanServ into a channel.

  --Andrew Church
    achurch at dragonfire.net
    http://achurch.dragonfire.net/