[IRCServices] "channel doesn't exist"

Pinto, Joao Luis (J.) jpinto9 at visteon.com
Mon Sep 20 01:56:31 PDT 1999

I think this is a little hard reply Andy at least when there is a reasonable
number of people trying to make service clients join channels.
The explanation o the "channels doesn't exist follow":
Services just create the channel in is internal channel list when they get
the first JOIN message to that channel from the server they are connected
to, if you have a empty channel and you issue "/OperServ RAW :ChanServ JOIN
#Chan", the services will send a JOIN message to the server saying Chanserv
joined #Chan, however they will not create locally the channel (because like
I saide before they just create when they receive a JOIN message, not when
they receive), when you make the /ChanServ invite #chan, services will
search for that channel on their internal channel list, result: Channel
doesnt exist.

Easly Speaking: Services didn't saw anyone entering the channel so channel
does not exist. :)

Regards, João Pinto

*	E-Mail: jpinto9 at visteon.com
*	Phone: 01-2339323