[IRCServices] Channel Successor

Yusuf Iskenderoglu uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Sep 30 14:22:30 PDT 1999

Hello,

I had some questions about Channel Successor setting.
It is good to be able to set a successor for a channel, but
even though one might be set, the successor has no rights while
the founder's nickname persists.

I wanted to say, that e.g. the successor does not get autoopped, nor
the successor can use other ChanServ commands.
This results in having to add the successor to the access list, but the founder's
nickname does not need to be in the access list.

What I am going to suggest is, to implement another level, an access level :
successor level.
Using this, the founder might use
/chanserv levels #channel set set successor
/chanserv levels #channel set clear successor
To enable several commands to the successor.

And, therefore the successor level should be a level between 9999 and founder. To
ensure that the successor can use "normal" chanserv commands.

regards;

Yusuf Iskenderoglu
eMail : uhc0 at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
ICQ : 20587464