[IRCServices] A reminder...

BeenJaminG at aol.com BeenJaminG at aol.com
Mon Oct 11 17:25:53 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/11/99 6:59:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
scotts at flamebait.org writes:

> > Personally I'd like to use a name that does not need "Services" appended
>  > it to make sense. Talking about "Church" makes no sense. However, if it
> was
>  > named "Bahamut Services", then simply talking about "Bahamut" would make
>  > sense.
>  >

>  not really, cuz then are you talkin about the AD&D Dragon King, daemon or
>  services? I think that services HAS to be attached so that others know what
>  you are talkin about. Unless you can find a name that is unique that don't
>  have the word "services" in it ... like Unets "Uworld" or "CServ".

True, look at "Magick"- (bad example).. maybe we could
come up with some name that could be associated with IRC services
just like magick was. In my opinion, "services" isn't really a good name
for this program- the word is too broad on the internet. If you were
specificly talking about IRC yeah, but otherwise it needs a real name!

Just my opinion :P

- bstu