[IRCServices] bug: where's the topic and modes?

Scott Seufert scotts at flamebait.org
Tue Oct 19 21:56:23 PDT 1999

what about the chance of upgrading your IRC Server? ...There was a
discussion a few weeks ago involving ping time outs between services and
servers. This is a guess and most likely a long shot however it may be
worth trying. If you were to shorten the ping frequency between the IRC
server and the Services .. it may make the de-synch less likely to
happen .. I have no other advice at this time. Sence the servers and
services communicate more often ... it may de-synch less.

Gregory L King wrote:

> I run the same configuration, and have experienced simular problems.  I
> wrote Andrew and email about it, and he suggested I join the mailing list.
>
> Anyways, my experiences indicate it is a de-sync problem, and restarting
> the services fixes it.  I would upgrade, but we have made many mods to the
> stock code, and well...  I dont feel like starting from scratch just yet
> :>

<snip>

My $0.02

kat