[IRCServices] chan is not working correctly

Alan Carr atcarr at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 24 21:08:28 PST 1999

<SNIP>
When I start services, every thing appears to be OK, but Chan says:
"cant change the modes of the channel because you have a problem with
your U:line."

I try this U:Lines:

U:my_ip:pass:my_host
U:my_ip:pass:my_ip
U:my_host:pass:my_host
U:my_host:pass:my_services_name

and some others.
</SNIP>

The Proper U:line should be something like this:
U:services.yournetwork.net:*:*

That will allow services to work without a problem.

As for the comments about Elite and a problem with the U:line again this
works fine
If you are able to get a U:Line to work with Unreal IRCD then it will work
with Elite since Unreal is a Hybrid of Elite as per the site and server
information section.  The above addresses U:Line has always worked for me
including when I tested an elite coding and also Unreal.

The Phantom