[IRCServices] chan is not working correctly

Brian n1uro at n1uro.com
Sat Dec 25 18:40:10 PST 1999

Greetings;

>I try this:
>
>U:services.mynet.org:*:*
>
>and some many more U:Lines, an I always get the same error about the
>U:Line.

Here's from my IRCD.CONF file which is last dreamforge dalnet ircd I run on
debian linux 2.0.36:

# U: [OPTIONAL]. This line defines the servers that IRC recognizes as being
# allowed to make various changes to the IRC environment (mode changes, for
# example), without complaining or otherwise obstructing them. For example,
# DALnet requires the following line:
U:services.n1uro.ampr.org:*:*
U:www.n1uro.ampr.org:*:*
U:irc.n1uro.ampr.org:*:*
#

I have found if you're using CNAMEs for dns on the same box that's hosting
services, it's best to include the A record as well as your CNAME records
from DNS into your U: line for it to be happy.

Hope this helps.

73 de Brian

                                     UROWeb
                           CT TCPIP Coordinator 44.88/18
                       Distribution and support site of MFNOS
                        ftp://ftp.n1uro.com/public/nos/mfnos
                     web: <A  HREF="http://www.n1uro.com">http://www.n1uro.com</A>  ftp: ftp.n1uro.com
       Memeber of the Executive Guild's "Who's Who" for online services and
                         network technologies since 11/1999