[IRCServices] chan is not working correctly

Matt Bradbury rebeldev at crosswinds.net
Sun Dec 26 22:15:03 PST 1999

send.c:/* Send a NOTICE from the given source to the given nick. */
send.c:void notice(const char *source, const char *dest, const char *fmt,
...)
send.c:    snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "NOTICE %s :%s", dest, fmt);
send.c:/* Send a NULL-terminated array of text as NOTICEs. */
send.c:void notice_list(const char *source, const char *dest, const char
**text)
send.c: /* Have to kludge around an ircII bug here: if a notice includes
send.c:     notice(source, dest, *text);
send.c:     notice(source, dest, " ");
send.c:/* Send a message in the user's selected language to the user using
NOTICE. */
send.c:void notice_lang(const char *source, User *dest, int message, ...)
send.c: send_cmd(source, "NOTICE %s :%s", dest->nick, *t ? t : " ");
send.c:/* Like notice_lang(), but replace %S by the source.  This is an ugly
hack
send.c:void notice_help(const char *source, User *dest, int message, ...)
send.c: send_cmd(source, "NOTICE %s :%s", dest->nick, *outbuf ? outbuf : "
");

perhaps line numbers would help but as you can see if you change all the
uppercase NOTICE to PRIVMSG you will effectively change your services from
using a notice reply to a MSG reply on everything as long as you use the
standard source, if I had more time I'd make a patch for you but I hope this
works out for you, please let me know if it doesn't and I shall research it
more.

Matt Bradbury
/server orbit.phix.com