[IRCServices] Problems with services and ircd

Tim Jung tjung at igateway.net
Tue Jan 18 09:35:59 PST 2000

The question I would have if it is a hardware problem is why I can load up
the machine with tons of game servers and run for going on ....2 weeks now
with no problem. If it was hardware then Quake 1, Quake 2, Quake 3, Half
Life and some of the other gaming servers should have caused the same
problems. Also no I don't run all of the Quake servers at the same time with
IRC/Services, nor am I running them all now. I only run about 2-3 quake
servers at a time.

Yet if I run nothing but IRC/Services the machine crashes in 1-3 days. It
doesn't make any sense other than there is no hardware problem or Linux
problem.

It would seem there is a problem with either the IRC server or Services or
both of them running together. Until I can figure out which one is causing
the problem or both, I can't run that copy of IRC or that copy of IRC
Services. There is a definite problem with IRC and/or services.

Tim Jung
System Admin
Internet Gateway Inc.
tjung at igateway.net