[IRCServices] Re: Newbie Question - Can't connect

quension at softhome.net quension at softhome.net
Fri Jun 16 20:33:17 PDT 2000

DarqStalker wrote:

> i1st off, you need the port in the C lines.

Bad advice on the port number.  Yes, it is needed for remote servers -- but not
services.  Services doesn't listen for incoming connects; putting a port in its
C:line is asking for trouble.

As for the real problem, I'm not that familiar with ircu, but if I recall
correctly they decided to create server and client ports.  Meaning 6667 only
accepts client connections, 7000 or something similar would be for servers.
Services uses a server-class connection.

Hope that helps some.

-- Quension