[IRCServices] Re: Newbie Question - Can't connect

Alex Tomkins tomkins at eggdrops.net
Sat Jun 17 05:12:04 PDT 2000

At 20:33 16/06/00 -0700, you wrote:
>DarqStalker wrote:
>
> > i1st off, you need the port in the C lines.
>
>Bad advice on the port number.  Yes, it is needed for remote servers --
>but not
>services.  Services doesn't listen for incoming connects; putting a port
>in its
>C:line is asking for trouble.
>
>As for the real problem, I'm not that familiar with ircu, but if I recall
>correctly they decided to create server and client ports.  Meaning 6667 only
>accepts client connections, 7000 or something similar would be for servers.
>Services uses a server-class connection.
>
>Hope that helps some.
>
>-- Quension

You're running ircu2.10.10, which only supports P10 servers, and not
P09.  If you want to support services then you'll have to change version of
ircu.  Even if you were to use ircu2.10.07 you need to make slight changes
to the ircu code and services code to get them to function properly.

If you want to set something up quickly and easily then use the ircu2.9 series.

Alex Tomkins (tomkins at eggdrops.net)
Eggdrop?  Did you say EGGDROP?  Visit www.eggdrops.net today!