[IRCServices] About new Version...

Scott Seufert anarki at flamebait.org
Mon Jul 17 06:34:48 PDT 2000

I'm not an expert in mail transport, but don't many applications use
sendmail because it's easy and RFC compliant? It's seems to me that every
app/script I have ever seen that has any form of mail option uses sendmail
or has an SMTP server option. Especially since sendmail is a SMTP server.

I personally would not like to see services act as an SMTP server in any
since of the word. The use of Sendmail is very common place, and for those
that do not or can not use sendmail to have an SMTP server option plus the
option to NOT use the mail and use the GETPASS command, should be defined in
the conf or an ifdef in ./configure.

Scott Seufert
aka Anarki
aka katsklaw