[IRCServices] Services Segfaults when a ChanServ akick enforce is used...

Ciarán Reilly Ciaran.reilly at ntlworld.com
Mon Aug 14 18:58:35 PDT 2000

Cheers for everyones time to reply :)

I'll try upgrading to Services 4.4.5 later tonight and see how it goes. The bugs I mentioned are the only two I've came across, if I get those fixed, I'm happy, I haven't noticed any major problems when using the Services with this ircD...I didn't realise it was unsupported until yesterday or I'd have chose a different one. I realise the IrcD is unsupported, so if it fecks up I've no one but me to blame :(

As for Bahamut..... unfortunatly, a requirement of any ircD I use is that it must include user hostmasking. Are there any other ircD's which are known to work better than Elite, are compatible with Services, and include hostmasking ? An IrcD change isn't on the cards atm, but will probably be around christmas time.....

This'll probably sound stupid to you more experienced peeps, but is there any kind of FAQ or discussion board for adding my own code to Services ? ... I'm no expert but I understand the basics of C, and would just like a few pointers as to the best way to modify the services code for certain things.... it wouldn't be anything major.... possibly just altering the way some commands are performed etc.

Cheers for anyones help, much appreciated by a newbie :-)

Ciarán.

P.s Did the Services ignore function ever get enabled in a later version ? I notice that in operserv.c in version 4.3.3 it's been disabled. Is there any way I can get this working myself ? (if it's not already done in the latest version) as a Services ignore function would be dead handy on my network.