[IRCServices] Upgrading Databases for 4.4.5

Scott Seufert anarki at flamebait.org
Wed Aug 16 18:21:20 PDT 2000

Hi,

Let me explain that my reference to RTFM was not intended to suggest that you haven't read the docs, it was meerly a reminder that the docs are a great source of information and could prevent any delays in getting services running or any other app you wish to use.

One example of my intent was that I do believe, please do hold me to this, is that if I'm not mistaken there is a db conversion that happens between IRCServices-4.3.3 and 4.4.5. Such a conversion could yield an error such as you are seeing. I must ask, have you upgraded services several times before? or was your db's created with 4.3.3? To your knowledge has services ever SIGTERM'd during an update or db backup? If so it's possible that your chan.db was corrupted and failed to convert.

There shouldn't be anything special required for you to go from 4.3.3 to 4.4.5 as far as conversion goes, however please remember that once the db's are converted you cannot revert back to 4.3.3. Backing up your db's is highly recommended.

my $0.02,

Scott Seufert
aka katsklaw
Server Admin