[IRCServices] Suspended Channels

&quot &quot
Sun Sep 17 12:50:44 PDT 2000

First off, please don't mail this list with HTML/Rich Text emails - only use
plain text.

Secondly, FORBID drops the channel prior to rendering useless. This means
that all the channel information is lost. It is not the best solution to
temporary channel closures.

I see the following 3 main states:
1. To be able to freeze a channel's settings but still allow people to join
it. Users are not granted any access based on the access lists - all users
are deop'ed upon joining. AKICKS and mode locks are enforced.
2. Allow the channel to function as per usual, but no changes may be made to
its settings or access/akick lists.
3. Put the channel into a FORBIDen state except that it does not loose its
information.

Your comments and reasoning are still welcome :)

I'll be finishing this off next weekend. Hopefully I'll have worked out how
to implement this best by them - flags or levels - so as to suite everyone.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-ircservices at Snow.shadowfire.org
[mailto:owner-ircservices at Snow.shadowfire.org]On Behalf Of Dr. K. Hawkes
Sent: 17 September 2000 18:28
To: ircservices at Snow.shadowfire.org
Subject: Re: [IRCServices] Suspended Channels

Freezing the chan is all well and good, but in that case, why the use for
the FORBID command?
May as well make FORBID and SUSPEND as one command unless you make the new
FORBID command with levels, which you could integrate SUSPEND functionality
into.

Quinn